Fall Family Scavenger Hunt | November 25, 2022
Join us for the Fall Family Scavenger Hunt! Now celebrating its 7th year, this self-guided adventure invites explorers to go green on Black Friday.
As always, activities are geared toward children, but everyone is invited to enjoy the educational and recreational benefits of nature. Join a community of explorers and hike scenic trails, complete fun activities, learn about the outdoors, and find prizes along the way. See what our Intrepid Academy at Hale students coordinated! One lucky attendee will win a two-week session of Hale’s Family & Community Program next summer (combined value $1,100).
This is a self-guided, unstaffed event. Please note:
- Hale is open daily from 8 AM until 4 PM. Depending on your pace, this year’s Scavenger Hunt will take between 1 and 3 hours to complete. Monitor your progress to ensure enough time remains to return to your vehicle and exit the property before the gate closes.
- Hale’s Daily Parking Fee is waived from Nov. 24–27 to celebrate Thanksgiving. We appreciate your support!
- Parking for this event is at Cat Rock Parking Area, which can be accessed via Hale’s main entrance at 80 Carby Street, Westwood. Overflow parking is available in other lots as space permits.
- The route begins at Cat Rock Pavilion. The first half will take you around Noanet Pond. You can choose to end your adventure near the halfway point if you need to.
- Participation generally peaks between 11 AM and 2 PM, so consider visiting during the morning or afternoon to prevent crowds.
- For health and safety, restrooms are closed and hand sanitizer is recommended. Your participation indicates agreement with Hale’s Visitor Guidelines.
- For personal comfort and well-being, remember to bring water and snacks, and wear weather-appropriate layers and footwear.
- A smartphone will be necessary to enter the contest for a two-week session of Hale’s Family & Community Program (a QR code will be posted on site).
- You may wish to download and print the Hale Fall Family Scavenger Hunt Map 2022 and/or a Hale Trail Map in advance. Both will be available at the starting point, but supplies may run out. You can also navigate with the AllTrails app.