2020 Event Calendar
Looking for something to do? We offer a variety of affordable public events throughout the year. Whether you'd like to go on a night hike, get into trail running, meditate by the pond, learn to paint, or take a canoe out at sunset, you're sure to find something of interest at Hale.
Westwood Community Trails
Financed by Westwood’s Department of Public Works and its Recreation Department, guided by its Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Committee, and administered by Hale, Westwood Community Trails invites residents to explore the town’s trails and learn more about their importance to the community. Monthly guided hikes (typically on Saturday mornings) vary in distance and topography and explore a number of areas at Hale and beyond. To learn more, email coordinator Rich de Reyna at email@example.com.
WCT’s Next Hike
Saturday, Mar. 7, 10 AM. Join Westwood Community Trails on a 2– to 3–mile hike over mixed terrain around Hale’s Oak Hill area (named Hike of the Year in Hale Magazine). Parking is available in the Grossman Camp lot on Dover Road. No need to RSVP, just show up! Free.
Live at Hale
If you enjoy live music, support local singer-songwriters with friends and family at Hale. Join the dedicated fan base of these BYOB 21+ acoustic shows (held once per season) in rustic venues that include the ACLC Barn and Powissett Lodge.
Stay tuned for our next show!
- December 7, 2019—Cold Car with Ken Carter, Just Another Guru
- June 27, 2019—John Hanson, Calvin Mausteller, Zack Bolles
- August 2, 2018—Cold Car, Jenne Halstead, Conor Ryan Hennessy
- May 17, 2018—Deb Todd Wheeler, Late Night Thoughts, Lisa Bastoni
- February 8, 2018—Chris Trapper, Sophia Jane
- October 26, 2017—Colin O’Dwyer, Emily Theis, Just Another Guru
- August 10, 2017—Zack Bolles, Sara Colb, Josie Lowder
- July 13, 2017—Ken Carter, Lynn Bailey and Sean Witty, Andrew O’Keeffe and Hayes Cummings