Events at Hale
Whether you’d like to go on a night hike, get into trail running, meditate by the pond, learn to paint, or take a canoe out at sunset, you’re sure to find something to do at Hale.
Fall Celebration (Sept. 22, 6:30 PM)
Join us as we celebrate, reflect on the past year, and honor Jen Antonucci with the Elisha Lee Award for sustained and exemplary service to Hale. $25 per attendee, Cat Rock Field. Rain Date: Sept. 23. RSVP by Sept. 14.
Registration for upcoming events will open soon. These events are free and open to the public thanks to the generosity of our sponsors. Contact Paula to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.
- Hale-o-ween (October 23, 2021)
- Fall Family Scavenger Hunt (November 26, 2021)
- Volunteer Days, Senior Soirées, Story Walks® and more
Westwood Community Trails
Financed by Westwood’s Department of Public Works and its Recreation Department, guided by its Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Committee, and administered by Hale, Westwood Community Trails invites residents to explore the town’s trails and learn more about their importance to the community. Monthly guided hikes (typically on Saturday mornings) vary in distance and topography and explore a number of areas at Hale and beyond. To learn more, email coordinator Rich de Reyna at email@example.com.
WCT’s Next Hike
Westwood Community Trails is exploring again! Join us on our next two-hour hike Sat. Oct. 2 at Lowell Woods. Hikers will meet at 10 AM on Sandy Valley Rd. in Westwood for a 3.5-mile hike over mostly flat terrain. No registration is required; just show up! Please remember to observe COVID-19 Trail Etiquette:
- Self quarantine: If you don’t feel well, spent time unmasked with people outside of your bubble, or if you recently traveled, please stay home.
- Keep your distance: Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Bring a mask: As a courtesy, wear it when others may pass through your exhaled air. Feel free to remove it when you’re safely distanced from others.
- Arrive, hike, and leave: We’ll start hiking 5 minutes after the stated meeting time and depart 5 minutes after the hike is over.
Live Music at Hale
If you enjoy live music, support local singer-songwriters with friends and family at Hale. Join the dedicated fan base of these BYOB 21+ acoustic shows (held once per season) in rustic venues that include the ACLC Barn and Powissett Lodge.
Stay tuned for our next show!
- December 7, 2019—Cold Car with Ken Carter, Just Another Guru
- June 27, 2019—John Hanson, Calvin Mausteller, Zack Bolles
- August 2, 2018—Cold Car, Jenne Halstead, Conor Ryan Hennessy
- May 17, 2018—Deb Todd Wheeler, Late Night Thoughts, Lisa Bastoni
- February 8, 2018—Chris Trapper, Sophia Jane
- October 26, 2017—Colin O’Dwyer, Emily Theis, Just Another Guru
- August 10, 2017—Zack Bolles, Sara Colb, Josie Lowder
- July 13, 2017—Ken Carter, Lynn Bailey and Sean Witty, Andrew O’Keeffe and Hayes Cummings