Annual Event Calendar
Whether you’d like to go on a night hike, get into trail running, meditate by the pond, learn to paint, or take a canoe out at sunset, you’re sure to find something to do at Hale. With safety protocols in place, we’re excited to host a few of our favorite annual events.
While registration is required, these events are free and open to the public thanks to the generosity of our sponsors.
- Winter Family Fun Series (Dates TBD)
- Hale-o-ween (October 2021)
- Fall Family Scavenger Hunt (November 2021)
Westwood Community Trails
Financed by Westwood’s Department of Public Works and its Recreation Department, guided by its Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Committee, and administered by Hale, Westwood Community Trails invites residents to explore the town’s trails and learn more about their importance to the community. Monthly guided hikes (typically on Saturday mornings) vary in distance and topography and explore a number of areas at Hale and beyond. To learn more, email coordinator Rich de Reyna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCT’s Next Hike
Hikes with Westwood Community Trails may be on hold but that doesn’t mean you can’t hike on your own or with a socially distant friend. Take a selfie or a photo on your next trek and share it with email@example.com.
Live at Hale
If you enjoy live music, support local singer-songwriters with friends and family at Hale. Join the dedicated fan base of these BYOB 21+ acoustic shows (held once per season) in rustic venues that include the ACLC Barn and Powissett Lodge.
Stay tuned for our next show!
- December 7, 2019—Cold Car with Ken Carter, Just Another Guru
- June 27, 2019—John Hanson, Calvin Mausteller, Zack Bolles
- August 2, 2018—Cold Car, Jenne Halstead, Conor Ryan Hennessy
- May 17, 2018—Deb Todd Wheeler, Late Night Thoughts, Lisa Bastoni
- February 8, 2018—Chris Trapper, Sophia Jane
- October 26, 2017—Colin O’Dwyer, Emily Theis, Just Another Guru
- August 10, 2017—Zack Bolles, Sara Colb, Josie Lowder
- July 13, 2017—Ken Carter, Lynn Bailey and Sean Witty, Andrew O’Keeffe and Hayes Cummings