Whether you’d like to go on a night hike, get into trail running, meditate by the pond, learn to paint, or take a canoe out at sunset, you’re sure to find something to do at Hale. Safety protocols remain in place, and we hope you’ll join us at one (or more) of these upcoming events.
While registration is required, these events are free and open to the public thanks to the generosity of our sponsors. Contact Paula to inquire about sponsorship opportunities for 2021/2022.
- Winter Family Fun Day (January)
- Hale-o-ween (October)
- Fall Family Scavenger Hunt (November)
Westwood Community Trails
Financed by Westwood’s Department of Public Works and its Recreation Department, guided by its Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Committee, and administered by Hale, Westwood Community Trails invites residents to explore the town’s trails and learn more about their importance to the community. Monthly guided hikes (typically on Saturday mornings) vary in distance and topography and explore a number of areas at Hale and beyond. To learn more, email coordinator Rich de Reyna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCT’s Next Hike
Westwood Community Trails is exploring again! Join us on our next hike Sat. Apr. 3 at 10 AM at Sen Ki. Hikers will meet on Twin Post Road for a 3-mile hike over mixed terrain, including two overlooks. Kindly remember that dogs are not permitted at Sen Ki. No registration is required; just show up! Please remember to observe COVID-19 Trail Etiquette:
- Self quarantine: If you don’t feel well, spent time unmasked with people outside of your bubble, or if you recently traveled, please stay home.
- Keep your distance: Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Wear your mask: Even while hiking, wear a mask so others are less likely to pass through your exhaled air. Only remove it when you’re safely distanced from others.
- Arrive, hike, and leave: We’ll start hiking 5 minutes after the stated meeting time and depart 5 minutes after the hike is over.
Live at Hale
If you enjoy live music, support local singer-songwriters with friends and family at Hale. Join the dedicated fan base of these BYOB 21+ acoustic shows (held once per season) in rustic venues that include the ACLC Barn and Powissett Lodge.
Stay tuned for our next show!
- December 7, 2019—Cold Car with Ken Carter, Just Another Guru
- June 27, 2019—John Hanson, Calvin Mausteller, Zack Bolles
- August 2, 2018—Cold Car, Jenne Halstead, Conor Ryan Hennessy
- May 17, 2018—Deb Todd Wheeler, Late Night Thoughts, Lisa Bastoni
- February 8, 2018—Chris Trapper, Sophia Jane
- October 26, 2017—Colin O’Dwyer, Emily Theis, Just Another Guru
- August 10, 2017—Zack Bolles, Sara Colb, Josie Lowder
- July 13, 2017—Ken Carter, Lynn Bailey and Sean Witty, Andrew O’Keeffe and Hayes Cummings