2021 Photo of the Year Contest
We’re now accepting submissions for Hale’s 2021 Photo of the Year. Entries should capture some aspect of how Hale impacts lives: by reimagining learning, building community, protecting nature, achieving equity, and fostering wellness. The deadline to submit is August 15 and final voting will follow. The winning photo will be featured in Hale Magazine.
Please submit high-resolution (at least 300 pixels per inch) files in JPG or PNG format to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Aug. 15, 2021. There is a maximum of 3 entries per entrant. All work must be original and comply with the Official Rules as outlined below. Good luck!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to anyone whose entry or entries are photos they personally took at Hale and to which they have all rights, title, and interest. Hale’s advancement staff members are ineligible to participate in this Contest given their role as administrators and judges of the Contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Contest Owner (“Hale”) as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting July 6, 2021 and ending August 15, 2021. All entries must be received by August 15, 2021.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry via email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hale. You may enter up to three photos, but in order to win, You must provide any information that is requested. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, NextDoor, or any other social media through which it may be promoted. You understand that You are providing your information to Hale, and by participating in this promotion,You agree to a complete release of Hale from any claims.
- Prizes: The Finalist(s) and Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Finalist(s)” and “Winner(s)”) will have their photo(s) featured across Hale’s social media and in at least one upcoming print publication. There is no cash value associated with Hale’s use of said photo(s) and any such use shall constitute the prize in its entirety. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Hale’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Finalist(s) and Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Finalist(s) or Winner(s) is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hale to use Finalist’s/Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Finalist/Winner Selection and Notification: Finalist(s)/Winner(s) will be selected under the supervision of Hale by staff members on Hale’s advancement staff. Finalist(s)/Winner(s) will be notified by email by September 3, 2021. Hale shall have no liability for any Finalist’s or Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Finalist’s/Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Hale is unable to establish contact with a Finalist/Winner within 3 days from the time a notification is sent, deems the Finalist/Winner ineligible, or if the Finalist/Winner fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Finalist/Winner selected. Receipt by Finalist/Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY FINALIST/WINNER (AT HALE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN FINALIST’S/WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS FINALIST/WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (i.e. submitting photo), You understand and agree that Hale, anyone acting on behalf of Hale, and Hale licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hale. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hale from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Hale may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Hale reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Hale’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Hale may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hale. Hale reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Hale has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Hale reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Hale and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Hale.
- By emailing material to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting material and tagging Hale on social media, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.